Who is the radiologist?
A world of misconceptions
This study explores patients’ perceptions of the role of the radiologist in their care
and evaluates the possibility to get rid of misconceptions using animated video in the waiting room.
- 278 Patients were surveyed.
- After the video, 30% more people understand that the examiner is the technician, not the radiologist.
- Patients who think their own physician will interpret the images lowers by a 3.5 factor.
- Owing to the video, patients understand why they will not meet the radiologist.
- After the video two thirds experience more respect for the radiologist, without meeting one.
... Introduction video loading ...